[Wine] Re: Gollden Tee Golf

immortalsoule wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 20 18:14:25 CDT 2008

DOS4dinner wrote:
> If you know your graphics card is set up, skip this, but I assume it might not considering you just came to Ubuntu.
>
> 1. What brand/model of graphics card do you have?
>
> 2. Type this into the terminal.
>

> Code:
> fglrxinfo
>

> If it returns something that says "Mesa", your graphic card is not set up. If it says Nvidia or ATI, you are fine.
>
> 3. also, as an added test, type this into the terminal.
>
> Code:
> glxgears
>

> It will output the FPS in the terminal. If it is very low, that also means your card is not set up.

display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 Series
OpenGL version string: 2.1.7412 Release

Gears work great and the driver for the card is enabled. I use compiz and have a completely tricked out desktop. I've read that ATI cards have problems with the 32bit to 16bit swap.