[Wine] Re: NVIDIA OR ATI

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 20 21:16:54 CDT 2008

Daniel Kasak wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 18:33 -0500, Austin English wrote:
>

> > That said, I like to support companies that support open source, but
> > for some things, such as graphics drivers, performance is more
> > important than principle.
> >

> Sure. If you've got unlimited funds and are willing to compromise your
> principles.

You can take that one and show it up you know what. If you so care about principles what are you doing here at all?! What you need Wine for? To run closed source software??!! Where did your principals go?

If you still satisfied with 2D graphics and performance - then Matrox would be the best choice for you. And yes it does have open source drivers. That are still better then all this "radion" crap.

If you bother to look in Wine bugzilla you will see that most modern games don't work at all on ATi cards (with closed source drivers). While open source drivers are just barely enough to run compiz by itself. And they just learned to do that. Before you couldn't even use compiz on those.