[Wine] NVIDIA OR ATI

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 21:48:41 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Daniel Kasak
<daniel.kasak at 247realmedia.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 21:16 -0500, vitamin wrote:
>>  What you need Wine for? To run closed source software??!!
>
> Actually the only closed-source software I currently use is Komodo and
> IE7, and I don't use Wine for either of them ( and I need IE7 for
> testing ).

Then how are you running it?

>>  Where did your principals go?
>
> They're very much alive and kicking thanks little man. I use what I need
> to to get the job done. When work dictates that I used proprietary
> software, then I do. When I have the option, I use open-source. So I
> think compared to, say, _you_, my principles are actually quite
> elevated.

While work may inspire you to disregard your principles, others see
gaming in a similar light. While it may not put food on the table,
they do need higher graphics capabilities for their games. Open source
drivers (at the moment), simply don't make the cut.

For that matter, a game developer using Linux would NEED those drivers for work.

--
-Austin