[Wine] Insufficient Free HD Space

Erdr1ck wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 20 22:00:57 CDT 2008

I recently bought some classic games from GoodOldGames.com (specifically Fallout 1 and 2), and they worked perfectly on my WIndows machine, but on my Linux box they install fine but fail to run.  When I try to fire up the game it gives me an error saying I need 20megs of free HD space - and given that I have 480 gigs of storage, thats not an issue.  Do I need to allocate Wine some extra space somehow?

PS - Give GOG a whirl if you love PC games circa 1996-2000 - no DRM, lots of goodies, can't recommend it enough.