[Wine] Dragon NaturallySpeaking 7 install fails -ve memory reported

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 21 08:01:50 CDT 2008

Hi Teight,
I'm one of the first to use DNS7 on Ubuntu with Wine. DNS7 is a great program -- still the fastest SR engine made. Later versions (9 and above) eclipse it in accuracy, but not in raw power. It was simple, too. Later versions sacrifice too much power and speed to provide litutle-used tie-ins to the Windows desktop. (And of course, all such tie-ins are useless to the Linux user.)
But to answer your question ...
I always had trouble installing every version of DNS from CD. And I'm not very technical, so here's how I got around it.
I copied all the contents of the DNS7 disk to a DNS7 folder on my desktop and installed it from there.
This instruction is helpful for DNS7 but even more helpful for 9.0 and 10, which come on 2 separate disks.
Susan Cragin