[Wine] Problems running Writeoutloud

Graeme wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 23 02:18:26 CDT 2008

Hi

I'm trying to get Writeoutloud (talking wordprocessor for dyslexics) running on an Asus Eeepc (Xandros) using Wine 1.0.

The prog installed reasonably well and after running Winetricks and fixing mfc42   I got the prog to boot. It boots OK and accepts keystrokes but when the spacebar is pressed and the prog attempts to spellcheck the word just completed I get an error message to say 'No spellchecker found'. (The spellchecker dictionaries are there in the Writeoutloud folder so that's not the problem)

Speech works with Writeoutloud 'echoing' words as you go as it should.

Here's the output from Wine

/home/user> wine /home/user/.wine/drive_c/DonJohnston/WOL/WOL.exe
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PROCESSOR_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
err:dc:CreateDCW no driver found for L""

I'd very much appreciate any help with his because I'm a teacher working with dyslexic children. An Asus Eeepc with a talking wordprocesor / spellchecker would be a wonderful resource!