[Wine] Which Nvidia Card ?

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 06:22:28 CDT 2008

2008/10/24 ASherbuck <wineforum-user at winehq.org>

> I'm a recent convert after a long affair flirting with Linux, I've
> currently got a Radeon x1950 and I would like to get away from ATI now that
> I'm sporting Ubuntu 8.04 and I'm curious what Wine users recommend from
> Nvidia?
>
> I can't afford the high end stuff I'm looking at Newegg in the $50 - $100
> range, I run Steam Apps mostly, dabbled with WoW and WAR but neither are
> really interesting and occasionally I play an EQ char on one of the
> independent mods servers so I'm not too intense on graphics.
>
> Any recs?

I got myself GF 9800 GT (Gigabyte model GV-NX98X512H-B) and it works very
well -  with both, Linux and Windos - maybe it is not "best of the best" but
work very well for me - however if you can wait, than do so - current Nvidia
cards are behind Radeons (not drivers - hardware) and Nvidia will probably
releas new Geforce soon (christmas time is comming ;] ). Don't get me wrong
- GF 9800 GT/GTX is very good but still - few percents behind new Radeons
(hardware only ATI drivers still sucks :( ).