[Wine] Every game is out of sync.

szamot83 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 26 07:51:33 CDT 2008

Hello,
First - Sorry for my English.

My problem is, that every game that I run in Wine turns of my monitor. It say, that resolution is out of range. But when I checked monitor on windows, those resolutions worked properly.
When I run game (in virtual desktop) and set resolution to 1024x768, than disable virtual desktop and again run game every thing is ok, but in this resolution game is slow. I have tried several titles, and they gives me same thing. They (games) want, to start in 640x480 or 800x600 resolution with 16 or 32 bpp.

Thanks for all help.

Monitor - Philips 170s (LCD)
System - Ubuntu 8.04
Wine - 1.1.7
Graphics card - Nvidia gf 6200 turbo force (256mb)
CPU - P4 2.6

my Xorg.conf: