[Wine] help!!!! please... pretty, please :D

moggy812 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 28 08:26:07 CDT 2008

I have ubuntu 8.04 (hardy heron), I think my graphics card is an ATI thing, running on 32bit... so machine is older, but most things work ok... the only trouble I'm having at the moment is getting my game of oblivion elder scrolls to run in this wine thing... wine 1.1.7... (that the latest one at the moment right?)
I did have it running a while back in cedega, but my subscription is out (not to mention its not working in there either now :S) and i see that people have managed to get this game to run and work in wine, so rather than pay for a subscription, I thought i would try this, however i can get the first bit up, where I can select to play, options ect but the moment i press play, it closes out! (ok, after a few seconds to think about it does, lol)
I look forward to hearing from any one who can help on this matter, as I really do like playing my game