[Wine] Re: Oblivion; help!!!! please... pretty, please :D

moggy812 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 28 13:27:28 CDT 2008

this is a place i found after much rooting around for something to help me get this game working...
it is about installing directX 9
http://www.wine-reviews.net/microsoft/directx-90c-march-2008-redistributable-on-linux-with-wine.html
by following these instructions, i am at least able to get in to the game now, albeit the sound and video it stuttering something chronic not to mention the create character part, which once was all white, (but is now just black, lol) to which i tweaked the shaders i think, however im not sure what it was i did exactly... so if any one konws how to remedy this problem, please let me know...
on the other hand if i find the solution first, i will be back and post it here, so that others may benefit.
many thanks
Mogg.