[Wine] Re: Big test coming up: fallout 3

dayosh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 29 13:18:17 CDT 2008

I'm still working hard on it Stimpak.  *salute*

However, as it stands right now, I'm having the same problem I had before I made a fresh wine.  Here's what the breakdown of the problem is:

I install vcrun2005sp1 via winetricks.

I attempt to run the game.

It gives me this error, the one that says "You need to intsall vcrun2005sp1."

Code:

$ wine FalloutLauncher.exe
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
err:module:attach_process_dlls "MSVCR80.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Bethesda Softworks\\Fallout 3\\FalloutLauncher.exe" failed, status c0000142

Anyone have any ideas why vcrun2005sp1 isn't either installing or being recognized by the program (when it was before)?  I've tried doing a "wineboot," but that didn't seem to help...