[Wine] Re: Big test coming up: fallout 3

sjbayer3 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 30 15:10:19 CDT 2008

I did a fresh install, then I used a 3rd party crack to disable cd protection.  If it is acceptable for me to give you information on it let me know and I will.

I got the loader to open with a fresh wine install and NO other winetricks addons.

However after the launcher loads and the music plays and I fix my options to be really low, I click launch and it says "No direct sound detected"

So I went into wine config, went to audio and it said "No audio has been selected"

So I select Alsa, then launch again... the sound plays... but it gives me the same error.

Any help please?

By the way here is the launcher output

Code:

deten at deten-laptop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Fallout 3$ wine FalloutLauncher.exe
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x1abf954,0x00000000), stub!

No errors :)