[Wine] Re: Big test coming up: fallout 3

dayosh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 30 18:06:34 CDT 2008

Tux-

  I think I am beginning to agree.  Hopefully, I did not come off as "gruff" in my previous response.  I'm a bit edgy about this, but for good reason.

In a nutshell, the last game I liked was Neverwinter Nights 2.  I had contemplated trying to get it to run, come hell or high water, but eventually was convinced by other users to wait, as the gurus would eventually fix it.  Sadly, I'm still waiting (though I do not blame the gurus in the least, as I know they like the rest of us have lives).

If anything, I'm kicking myself for not trying to get involved deeper.  When this game was released, I bought a copy (hoping against hope that since Oblivion seemed to run, this game might have a fighting chance).  And, it has a chance, I think.  I realize that I've probably been overly beating a dead-horse, but after NWN2, I suppose I just have extreme difficulties to allow myself to repeat the same ritual of contenting myself to sitting idly and waiting.  Sadly, like yourself it seems, I also have very little knowledge of code.  However, this seemed like the next best thing to try.

Maybe it will amount to something, maybe it won't.  But at the very least, in the end, I can look back and say I gave it my best.  C'est la vie.  :)