[Wine] gdi32.dll error

ckyr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 30 18:59:43 CDT 2008

I am a new wine user. I downloaded the darwin wine implementation for mac OS X ver 1.1.7 (http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/) and installed on my computer.
I run the wine helper application and tried to open some of the sample applications that came with it. No matter what I try to open from the sample windows application folder that came with the program I get the same error message:err:module:attach_process_dlls "gdi32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting

Any ideas what might be causing it? My goal is to install vector NTI on my mac (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=6829). When I open the installer for this program I get the same error message, so I guess there is something wrong with my darwin and/or wine and need to fix this first.