[Wine] Re: gdi32.dll error

jphelp32 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 31 13:00:12 CDT 2008

I am having the same issue.  I am running os x 10.5.5 with XQuartz 2.3.1 and Darwine 1.1.7.  (I also tried 1.0.1 with same issues)
The installers both ran successfully, but I am not able to run any of the Sample WinLib Applications.  They all crash with various error log messages, but all have this in common:  err:module:attach_process_dlls "gdi32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting

here's the full log message:
err:module:attach_process_dlls "gdi32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\Applications\\Darwine\\Sample WineLib Applications\\winecfg.exe" failed, status c0000005

I get the same message for notepad.exe and the others as well.

Any ideas?  As I said, I tried darwine 1.0.1 as well.