[Wine] Font display problem with Text in UML-Notes of Enterprise Architect (wine-1.1.3 in Ubuntu Hardy)

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Mon Sep 1 06:03:52 CDT 2008

Hi,
thanks for the idea - but it does not work.

I get the following debug output - filtered - I hope that this can help
somehow:
Filtered output since program start:
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW flags 0x00000012 ignored
fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW classes not implemented
err:richedit:CharAttr unknown font 0
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common EM_FORMATRANGE: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common Unsupported yet non NULL device in
EM_SETTARGETDEVICE
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_SelectPen PS_USERSTYLE is not supported

The following output is generated while program window is refreshed (with
diagram where the problematic note-text isn't displayed):
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_SelectPen PS_USERSTYLE is not supported
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common EM_FORMATRANGE: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common Unsupported yet non NULL device in
EM_SETTARGETDEVICE
(these lines are printed in different order several times)

Question:
Can I try to set some suitable library overrides - maybe with installing some
native libraries before?
- somehow crossover-office seems to handle this situation

Thanks,
Achim