[Wine] Re: how to fix err:ole

SMCSW2008 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 1 17:51:33 CDT 2008

Kde died, so while I was trying to fix kde, I tried different programs while I was in wmaker to see if they still worked. When I started Guild wars, it started and the small graphic window floated to the bottom right and off the screen. When I couldn't get it back I killed it with process manager. Now when I start guild wars in terminal, icon, konqueror thru the gw.exe file the program starts and immediately disappears from the screen. The music plays in the background, and the process manager shows it is running. But there is no indication of where it is, I try all the desktops, there is nothing in the task bar, nothing in the system tray. I looked thru all regedit entrys and compared them to my sons computer with windows on it they are the same. I reinstalled Guild wars and the same thing happens. So it is either a file that has settings for the screen coming up or the game messed up these settings and I can fix them.