[Wine] New to wine

Xa3phod wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 2 09:52:40 CDT 2008

Hi, new to Wine and I have a few questions.

First off, can you get programs which use TWAIN to run in WINE and will it support those devices which use TWAIN such as a non linux suppported scanner? (Xerox Documate 510)

Which is the best linux distro for running wine? Does it matter?
I'm currently using the latest mandriva. I've had issues. I tried
to run the regedit and it tried to open firefix, said it would take
a few minutes to add the plugin or whatnot...it never did.
Now I cant get it to do anything.

Do I need to put the windows programs inside the wine directory or can I keep them in my home folder?

I will think or more questions I promise.

thanks