[Wine] Re: Arabic Fonts

adam-85 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 3 10:33:49 CDT 2008

Peace be upon you

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/9/2 adam-85 <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
>
> > Peace be upon you
> >

> > > LANG=ru_UA.utf-8 wine program.exe
> > >

> > Thanks for your help
> > Put how I can specify my Arabic font ?
> >
> > I need a clear command to do that
> > However I get All Windows Fonts from my Work PC
> >

> If you have access to a Windows computer then copy the Windows font
> Tahoma to your wine installation. Tahoma's Arabic glyphs look very
> good in Linux. However, you must take the Tahoma from a Windows
> computer that thad Arabic installed to get the Arabic glyphs. I use
> Tahoma's Hebrew glyphs in the same way.
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

Thanks  again
but I still with my problem
let's get a good point to fix it
I try to know what is default font does my program use ?

I get that from rgedit , and it's Times New Roman

I searched at wine fonts in rgedit for Times New Roman and i didn't find it.
I have it from my default fonts from Windows
I made these steps to add new font to my rgedit

I included  it under default folder of wine's fonts
added new string value
renamed it to Times new Roman
add to it's path to the font's file

but when close my rgedit i lost all my work and didn't saved
I don't know why wine's rgedit don't accept a new string value
I think if i added it to wine's fonts i will get my program good with Arabic