[Wine] Re: Slow performance with many 3D games

ulberon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 5 05:09:05 CDT 2008

Okay, so I've just begun messing with oprofile, WoW keeps crashing (been a problem since 1.1.2) so I don't have a ton of data yet.  Only thing of interest so far is the following:

Code:
CPU: Core 2, speed 3000 MHz (estimated)
Counted CPU_CLK_UNHALTED events (Clock cycles when not halted) with a unit mask of 0x00 (Unhalted core cycles) count 100000
samples  %        symbol name
81184    59.3533  DSOUND_MixToTemporary
36219    26.4796  convert_16_to_16
5827      4.2601  mix16
5497      4.0188  DSOUND_MixInBuffer
2484      1.8160  DSOUND_timer
1130      0.8261  norm16
789       0.5768  DSOUND_Calc3DBuffer

convert_16_to_16 is:

Code:
static void convert_16_to_16 (const void *src, void *dst)
{
    uint16_t *dest = dst;
    *dest = *(uint16_t*)src;
}

I'm not sure I understand why this is needed.  Maybe inline it?

I'll post more as I discover more.