[Wine] help for hire? wine crashes when running http://www.verydoc

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 14:12:27 CDT 2008

2008/9/5 vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
> Codewavers already have enough advertisement all over Wine.

Who looks at advertisements online? For that matter, who is not using
ad-blocking software in this day and age (other than myself).

> Adding
> more doesn't help. And comments like that will discourage some
> developers from getting into Wine.

Specifically, comments of what nature will discourage some developers
from getting into Wine? Comments reminding the users of software that
they can communicate their needs to the software developers?

> Telling every company to write their
> software for Linux doesn't help to solve a problem at hand - non-working
> application on Wine.

I did not advocate telling every company to write their software for
Linux in this thread. I suggested to the OP, who was willing to spend
$500 USD on getting his software working on Linux, to tell the
developer of said software that there is demand for his software on
Linux. $500 USD would get a lot of people coding.

> Please refrain from posts like that in the future.

No. When an official representative of Wine requests from me in an
official communication that he wants me do behave / not behave in a
specific fashion on the Wine mailing list, then I will follow his
orders. If you personally do not like my suggestions, then you are
welcome to add my email address to your killfile. My suggestion was
solicited, on topic, and presents a course of action for the OP.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il