[Wine] How do I use Internet Explorer 6.0 in Wine 1.1.3

blacktulipgirl wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 5 15:01:57 CDT 2008

Hi I just installed Wine 1.1.3 a couple of days ago, on my Acer Aspire 3623 Laptop (256MB and 40G HD) running PuppyLinux 4.0 OS. I installed Wine because I am taking an online math course at college and it needs a Windows OS and Internet Explorer 6.0 to run.

 [Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3224/2831514726_408632591a_o.png ]

Then I installed Internet Exlorer using the "Add Application" button in Wine Config:

[Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3108/2830698029_3cb12142b7_o.png ]

Using the Windows XP settings.

[Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3004/2830698031_05a3712f9c_o.png ]

I've read through the FAQ's and help manual and I am still not 100% on something: Do I need to download a different Internet Explorer to run it? Because when I looked in my C Drive:

[Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/2831484762_32c7aac93a_o.png ]

I can see a folder called "Internet Explorer" and when I double click it, I see a file calleD iexplorer.exe

 [Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3022/2830656525_1b70b5dfd1_o.png ]

Then when I dble click on iexplorer.exe I get this:

[Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3236/2830673739_3d8ae96b3b_o.png ]

So is this normal?? Or do I have to download something else? Have I configured it wrong? Please help, I'm a total newbie at this.

Thanks B  :D