[Wine] How to patch wine with the patchs of bugzila?

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Sep 7 13:30:16 CDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 7:02 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> jaypee wrote:
>> I wanna play swat 4, but the game have a mouse bug, and in bugzilla, there is a patch to solved it, but i dont know how patch, please give me a light :)
>

> You can only patch source, not binaries.

And for that you should probably start here:
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/wine-user/compiling or
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/installing-wine-source

Once you know that your system is set up correctly to compile Wine,
start looking at patches...

This is probably a decent overview of the patch program:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_(Unix)

For instructions on applying a specific patch to the Wine sources this
might be helpful: (apply the relevant patch of course...)
http://www.wine-reviews.net/benchmarks/compile-wine-with-the-3dmark-patch.html

(Why isn't patching and compiling in the FAQ?)

Gert