[Wine] Re: Installing patches help

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 8 08:28:22 CDT 2008

TheCandyMan wrote:
> Hey, I just want to state before I ask my questions, I am still rather new to Linux, and to Wine, so please, bear with me.
>
> The following questions I have are
>
> How do I install patches to Wine?
>
> How do I make this http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=15516 into a file I can patch into Wine?
>
> Please, have the answers be idiot proof.
>
> If it matters, I am using Mandriva Linux 2008 spring as my OS.

Patching involves downloading and compiling Wine from source. The wiki has instructions for building Wine at http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages (32 bit) and http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit (64 bit). How to patch can be found in the instructions for regression testing, http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting (scroll down to the Patching Your Git Tree section). The regression testing wiki page also has clear step-by-step instructions for building Wine, so you might want to read the whole thing.

The file you linked to IS a patch. Download it and apply it following the instructions linked to above.