[Wine] Can't install Civilization 3 or anything else from multi-cds

Neub27 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 9 22:51:19 CDT 2008

If I try to install anything via multi-cd games, after the "insert cd 2" type prompt, I'm done. The setup.exe will not release the cdrom, it keeps it spinning and there is no way to unmount it or stop it that I know of (umount no good) Killing the process will not release the cd drive, the eject button will not work, even the manual eject will not work (as the cd is being spun). Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.  Wine seems great but the only way that I've been able to use it so far has been through downloading (steam and others) But that only rarely works if you already own the game (steam).