[Wine] How do I set up Steam?

Grimhound wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 13 15:19:38 CDT 2008

I just set up Ubuntu Hardy Heron on my Compaq Presario C712nr laptop, and I was hoping that someone could help me to set up Steam so that it will fully function. I have previously tried this, yet was unable to get the Steam Community working properly with its chat functions and such. This was a real dealbreaker for me, as Steam Community is my primary social networking service.

If anyone could help to give a step by step on setting up WINE and Steam, I'd be indebted.  :D