[Wine] Re: Autocad 2008 and wine

miciomax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 14 10:39:57 CDT 2008

Usurp wrote:

> ruelle wrote:
> >
> > Why don't add 2008 as 1.* Wine feature? [Wink]
> >
> > [AutoCAD is the second "most wanted" application.. http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/16836.html ]
> >
> > ciao
> > Ruelle
>
> I wonder why there is no native support if this a most wanted app.
> btw, if it uses .NET for almost all the code, there should be _less_ work to do so.

I wonder why being so an important app wine gurus don't solve a couple of really trivial bugs that keeps it from being platinum rated.... Still working on damn't M$ Office that most Linux users won't ever see on their desktops.
Before somebody asks why I don't fix them myself... I did for one bug, I found the solution for another one, but I lost my hope to see the patch on wine three... And I spotted the cause of a third possible bug (the slow text rendering with truetype). But it seems that for patches to go inside wine three they must be together with testcases that, for me, are just by far more complicated to code than patches themselves.

Max