[Wine] winetricks or not ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Tue Sep 16 12:06:09 CDT 2008

Hi!

> we often say here directx installation can break wine
> What about Dan kegel winetricks ?
> It is safe to install microsoft distribuable package or it may break wine ?

As I understand it, winetricks is just a script, which simplifies installation
of various third-party components onto wine directory. It doesn't add anything
by itself, so it cannot make any harm. You can freely selects which particular
packages to install and which not, winetrick is not doing anything withoud your
knowledge.

With regards, Pavel Troller