[Wine] which is faster: WinApi or C Runtime?

Marcel W. Wysocki maci at satgnu.net
Wed Sep 17 22:51:44 CDT 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 01:04:48 -0500
"tjandracom" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> 3vil wrote:
> > I'm not sure what you're intending the app to do, but have you considered writing it in C# - and running the exe under Mono in Linux?
>
> i'm new to linux, and i just migrate for a couple months from windows. Office application is not a problem because there is OpenOffice, but my written application is still running in windows. it runs well under Wine, but the performance is not so good. i planned to re-write my application to native linux, but it will take some time (for me to learn how to write linux application). for temporary, i only want to patch up the existing application to run a little bit faster in Wine.

i strongly suggest you to write your app using the standard C library.
in some cases you have to use #ifdef s , esp when a func would usually
expect a unix permission mask for a file operation.
but after all. its a standard library.. and you will do good for your program
to use it. it might run on other platforms as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_standard_library

--
Marcel W. Wysocki <maci at satgnu.net>