[Wine] Questions about BAT

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 19 22:17:41 CDT 2008

GamezR2EZ wrote:
> Alright, i have been trying for a while now to do the following, i have googled up and down, searched this forum and the like.
> I have a .bat file that i created to help me convert my music. The problem i have is the .bat file calls an .exe and sends it several parameters. Here is an exerpt of it:
>
> ~~~~
> If ~%1 == ~ GOTO end
>

> C:\Music\Lame_Encoder\lame.exe -b 320 -F -h %1 "%~d1%~p1%~n1 - 320.mp3"
>

> ~~~~

1.  Is lame.exe a Windows executible?

2.  If the answer to 1 is NO use DOSBOX.

3.  If the answer to 2 is YES use:
code:
wine `C:\Music\Lame_Encoder\lame.exe -b 320 -F -h %1 "%~d1%~p1%~n1 -
320.mp3"`

This will invoke wine to run the Windows Lame executable.  This should
be done for each conversion.

The problem with running a .bat file is that this is DOS speak.  Using a
bash shell script is what Linux is looking for and it does work.

James McKenzie