[Wine] Video card or driver doenst support enough textures +

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 05:49:48 CDT 2008

2008/9/21 Rindae <wineforum-user at winehq.org>

> Ok, I've updated Wine and the video drivers. Now I dont get the error, but
> the game wont start, I just get the splash screen and nothing happends.

I don't have this particular game... but - try this:

1.Open terminal and cd to game's dir (if you used standard installation
path, is is probably somewhere in Program Files of your drive_c dir)

cd /home/your_user_name/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/something (tip: use
"TAB" button to fo "auto-path" - just type in /h and pres tab - and you will
know what I mean ;] )

2.Now from there try running this thing like this:

wine Name_of_exe.exe

If you are trying to run this game from Fat16/Fat32/NTFS partition - then
try to install or (copy) your game to Linux partition (weird, I know - but
sometimes there are problems - just found out yesterday ;] ). Try running it
now.

If that doesn't help - open winecfg (type winecfg in terminal) go to drives
tab and auto detect them all, go to sound tab - select only ONE driver -
preferably alsa, elect driver emulation and set "acceleration to emulation"
(if alsa was selected switch to oss). Try running the game.

If this doesn't help either - in winecfg go to graphics and disable pixel
and vertex shaders. try running the game.

If that won't help... well I'm out of ideas.

P.S

Paste any console output you will get here, and tell us which distro do you
have.