[Wine] Wine has stopped working

ezacharyk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 22 07:06:51 CDT 2008

Alright. I had Ubuntu 7.10 with wine .9 something or other. I installed Warcraft 2, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 all just fine.

I then decided I wanted to install Flash CS3 so I was following these instructions as best I could:

http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2008/03/flash-cs3-and-photoshop-cs3-running-in.html

Once this failed, I decided to upgrade wine to the 1.0 version for my version of Ubuntu. After following the guide and upgrading, Wine no longer works.

When clicking the Configure wine option, nothing happens. None of my games run anymore. When I click on .exe files and say to run in wine, nothing happens.

I have upgraded Ubuntu to 8.04 and have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Wine and it still does not work.

How do I fix this?