[Wine] How to make Garmin see Garmin?

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Mon Sep 22 10:52:19 CDT 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:07:22 +0000, I Beartooth wrote:

	[...]
> 	Yes, it really is [a serial port], precisely because of the
> cables; my
> experience with the little conversion gadgets has not been
> encouraging.
>
> 	Question : when I make com2, com3, etc., do I still want ttyS0?
> Or should they be ttyS1, etc.?

	Discovery in the meantime :

[btth at localhost dosdevices]$ file e::
e::: broken symbolic link to `/dev/sr1'
[btth at localhost dosdevices]$ ls
c:  com1  com2  d::  e::  z:
[btth at localhost dosdevices]$

	So should I remove e:: somehow? Replace it somehow?

	If I have to do "yum remove wine," "yum install wine," and a new
wine install of the map software, it'll be worth it. Once I can run that
stuff and make it talk to the GPSs under linux, I can have an M$-free
house again.

I try to be paranoid, but I just can't keep up.
Remember I know little (precious little!) of which way is up.