[Wine] Windows <username>\ Application Data settings under Wine ?

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon Sep 22 12:41:16 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 2:45 PM, alstone <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron (Desktop)
> Wine 1.1.5
>
> Some Windows applications have user settings in their corresponding
>
> c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\<application> folder.
>
> What's the equivalent of this under Wine ( in order to copy the necessary files
> from my Windows installation to Wine/Ubuntu ) ?

The Application Data folder is saved in the APPDATA environment variable.

You can see its value by running: (a weird combination of wine and Unix ;-) )
wine cmd /c set|grep APPDATA

The output you recieve should look like this:
APPDATA=C:\windows\profiles\mohag\Application Data
LOCALAPPDATA=C:\windows\profiles\mohag\Local Settings\Application Data

The physical folder would then be
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/`whoami`/Application" "Data

Gert van den Berg