[Wine] Network Scanning

sveijk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 24 11:05:59 CDT 2008

At work we have a Canon photocopier, scanner printer connected to the network (model IR 2018)

After jumping through some convoluted hoops i was able to get my hands on a version of the linux printer driver that works (UFR II driver for linux only available on the canon.de website).. so now i'm trying to scan.

Just to pre-emt some posts, this is not connected to a USB port in any way..

Installing the windows app, color network scangear works under wine.  Going into the configuration the app can find and talk to the scanner, all good.  The app however doesn't allow you to actually scan, of course you have to TWAIN to do that (doh!)

Is there anyway of pointing linux to use the wine twain?? Probably not i'm sure, but it seems such a shame as the software will happily communicate with the scanner.