[Wine] How do you make wine do real uninstalls?

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Wed Sep 24 16:18:14 CDT 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:52:20 -0500, vitamin wrote:

> Beartooth wrote:
>> I try to uninstall it; the
>> uninstall either admits failure, or pretends to succeed while leaving
>> the software still there and clickable (but, of course, not
>> launchable).
>
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-9893ae50079ca7a959258f0bc9a17aaf2e69b391

	OK, I copied and pasted each of those commands onto my CLI; re-
launched the wine uninstaller; still saw all the stuff I had told it two
or three times to get rid of; told it again; with the two I had installed
directly from Garmin media, the button merely grayed itself out when
clicked.

	This seems encouraging. I'll try logging clear out of Fedora and
looking again; I always have to do that, for instance, after editing /etc/
X11/xorg.conf (sometimes twice! I hate to edit that), and it may help.

	If not, I'll try it again and then actually reboot. Stay tuned.

	PS: one oddity. Trying to uninstall Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1
always gets me a message saying that its setup has ended prematurely, and
asking me to contact Product Support if it persists. (I have no idea how
that app ever got installed on that one machine in the first place.)