[Wine] Unable to emerge Wine 1.1.5 on Gentoo AMD64

deeder wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 26 12:59:43 CDT 2008

Hello,

I am currently trying to emerge wine on my Gentoo AMD64 system, and it is currently failing on the last package.  I haven't been able to make much sense out of the error message.  If anyone knows what is going on or can otherwise point me to where I should look or anything to try, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the error I am getting:

make: *** [programs] Error 2
 *
 * ERROR: app-emulation/wine-1.1.5 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2468:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       emake all || die "all"
 *  The die message:
 *   all
 *
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-1.1.5/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-1.1.5/temp/environment'.
 *

 * Messages for package app-emulation/wine-1.1.5:

 *
 * ERROR: app-emulation/wine-1.1.5 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2468:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       emake all || die "all"
 *  The die message:
 *   all
 *
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-1.1.5/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-1.1.5/temp/environment'.
 *

Thank you very much for your time,
-deeder