[Wine] Re: Compiling - WARNING: No OpenGL library found on this system.

Fazer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 27 11:50:34 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:
> Remove all the mesa-* stuff. I think it conflicts with nvidia's headers. I think I recall someone having this problem before.

I removed these packages:

freeglut3-dev
libgl1-mesa-dev
libglu1-mesa-dev
libglut3-dev
libqt3-mt-dev
mesa-common-dev
libgl1-mesa-dri

Then I reinstalled nvidia drivers and nothing changed. I compiled Wine anyway and now when I try to launch any game, i. e. Team Fortress 2, I get an error:

Code:
arkadiusz at arkadiusz-hardy:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/fazer1988/team fortress 2 -> wine hl2.exe
err:module:import_dll Library OPENGL32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Steam\\GameOverlayRenderer.dll") not found
err:d3d:InitAdapters Can't load opengl32.dll!
err:d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D9 is not available without opengl

Also, there is no "Alsa" entry in Sound options in Winecfg and when I select any other (OSS, Esound...) and test it, the test fails.

I couldn't delete other packages with mesa (libgl1-mesa-glx, libglu1-mesa, mesa-utils), because then I would also erase lots of other important for me files, such as xorg, nvidia-glx-new-envy, compiz, emerald and so on.