[Wine] Getting WIne to see hidden folders in Linux?

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Sat Sep 27 14:50:59 CDT 2008

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:23:58 -0500, Lou G wrote:

> Sorry to jump off-topic but you may be the person I need to talk to. I'm
> a new user of Linux/Wine (but have a ton of computer experience). I
> installed ImgBurn under Wine today and it appears to run correctly but
> does not actually write to the cd
>
> Is it ok if I pm you with a bit more detail?

	You who? I've been trying to figure out whom you meant with your
hijack -- and no one else has replied on list.

	In case you meant me, don't waste your time (whatever you may
mean by pm, something I know only from web forums, and don't do there) --
not because I want to return rudeness for rudeness (I know better), but
because I have no clue what you're talking about.

	I don't do Windows, ever at all, with the sole and nauseated
exception of running topo maps against GPSs. So I've never heard of
ImgBurn and am unlikely to.

	If all you want, by any chance, is to burn a CD, try K3B and
Brasero. (K3B is a KDE app; but you can install and run it under Gnome.)
One or the other almost always succeeds for me.

Fedora 7, 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2, Epiphany 2, Opera 9, Firefox 2 & 3