[Wine] X Error BadAlloc - delete .wine every time

playdayz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 27 21:25:54 CDT 2008

I wonder if this rings a bell or seems obvious to anyone.  The program is K-MeleonCCFME--a high performance variation of K-Meleon 1.5.0 with Gecko 1.9.1 .

If I delete the .wine directory, the program starts and runs every time and hasn't crashed yet.  (I start it with "wine k-meleon" from it's own directory.)

However, if I exit the program and attempt to restart in the same terminal or in a new terminal, I get a message that always ends with

Code:
X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  53 (X_CreatePixmap)
  Serial number of failed request:  790

The major opcode is always 53, but the serial numbers vary.  I get that same message no matter if I am using xvesa, xorg, or xorg with dri.

If I go delete the .wine directory it will start again and run well.  But once I exit, no matter how I try to restart it, I get an error message that always ends with the X Error.  Every time again if I delete the .wine directory, the program will start and run until I exit it.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.