[Wine] Running Wine on removable media

jg1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 28 04:51:23 CDT 2008

Apols if there is already an answer to this on the forum but couldn't find it with Search...
I'm new to Linux and to Wine.  I have just made the conversion from Windows and run Ubuntu/Hardy - my Windows box has a h/w failure.  There are some facilities I need urgently from Windows(XP) that I haven't yet sussed in Linux, notably the ability to edit and store multipage Tiffs and mdi docs with mixed individual page formats.  Currently installed wine out of the box and trying various WinXP tools with varying success.
However it would be very useful if I could install and execute Wine entirely on a detachable (encrypted) hard drive so that it does not (and preferably cannot) write to another disk?
Is this possible?  If so, how?  Pls remember I'm a numpty when it comes to cmd line working!
Tks
jg1