[Wine] winelib: afxres.h - needed?

MalleRIM wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 29 16:04:46 CDT 2008

Hey,

I was playing around with winelib today and with a friend's help I was almost able to make coolplayer (listed as "working") compile on my Gentoo machine.

I had to do that in a 32bit chroot, I had to change one of the includes and comment out another one. Now I'm stuck.

coolplayer is written with Visual studio, so there's a file named coolplayer.rc. It includes afxres.h which is not available in wine. My friend found a forum discussion of someone having the same problem with some version of visual studio on windows. The solution was to change afxres.h to windows.h. So I did. But changing the include line to anything else or commenting it out causes wrc to print a syntax error while running make:

Code:
coolplayer.rc:125:20: Error: syntax error

Searching winehq.org returns results that are not up to date. winres.h does not exist in recent versions of wine. There must be a replacement...?

Is there any solution to this problem? This is the first time I'm actually trying to compile a windows program with winelib, so please bear with me ;)

Malle