No subject

Tue Sep 2 11:01:37 CDT 2008

So here is my concern. If I install a windows program that happens to include SecuROM, where will SecuROM go? Will I get the same kind of system instability in Ubuntu as I did in windows?

I read the FAQ, and the list of WINE Apps, but I couldn't find any information about it beyond that it appears to run Spore and SecuROM.

After my last experience with SecuROM on windows (and current lawsuit with EA) I want to make sure and understand what difference exist, if any, in the way SecuROM will be allowed to run.

For example, in windows, SecuROM has higher rights than me. Will SecuROM take administrative control in Ubuntu too? Or if not, is there a simulated Ring 0 that it would install to, that could interfere with other WINE programs?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I want to play Spore, but don't want another Computer Wrecked.