[Wine] LOTRO & Wine Performance Issues

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 1 22:18:50 CDT 2009

CynicalPride <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote on April Fools' Day:

>James McKenzie wrote:
>>
>> Did you have an Nvida card in the old system and an Intel video system
>> in the new one?  I would go out and find a good NVida card to replace it
>> with.  AMD/ATI and Intel (especially them) have poor Linux video drivers
>> which means poor quality response to Wine.
>>
>> James McKenzie
>

>James,
>
>I listed the specs for the system on my first post, The new system has an EVGA GTX 260.

My Bad.  One question though, do you still have the old system and can you swap out the video cards to eliminate this as a cause of the error?

You tried Jeffz' suggestion, but I would try a lower number like 768 or even 512 (I know the card has more memory than this, but anything is worth a try and all it takes is starting and stopping Wine and wineserver to try it, much easier than rebooting your system.)

James McKenzie