[Wine] LOTRO & Wine Performance Issues

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 2 22:04:56 CDT 2009

CynicalPride wrote:
> James,
>
> I had already tried the lower numbers in VideoMemorySettings(I had been working on this for about 2 weeks, before I even posted).
>
> As far as the old system, I have it. However, I have 2 of the GTX 260's(I build 2 identicle systems, 1 for me, 1 for my wife). I have swapped them back and forth, they both work great in her Vista 64 environment, and both horribly in my Linux Environment. However, I will try swapping out for the old 7600 GT, just to narrow the problem down to something to do with the video card.

NVida video drivers still have bugs in them.  You stated you are using
the latest/greatest drivers in your original posting.  It may be a good
idea to switch over video cards to the older NVida card and see what
happens.

> Thanks for the suggestion.

You are welcome.  I try to stay away from 'bleeding edge' equipment.  I
suffer less this way.

James McKenzie