[Wine] Re: ATI video card problems with WoW

TunnlRat wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 3 00:32:25 CDT 2009

Just a quick update i was looking through forums etc around the net and decided to try out the registry edit i have seen around. Some people warn that it either fixes or totally crashes WoW.

In my case this was the magic touch. While it doesn't run quite as well as my other system with an Nvidia card it works very well and still better than it did in windows for me.
1. Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\
2. Highlight the wine folder in the left hand pane by left clicking on it. The icon should change to an open folder.
3. Click right on the wine folder and select [NEW] then [KEY].
4. Replace the text "New Key #1" with OpenGL (CaSe Sensitive).
5. Right click in the right hand pane and select [NEW] then [String Value].
6. Replace "New Value #1" with "DisabledExtensions" (CaSe sensitive).
7. Then double click anywhere on the line, a dialog box will open.
8. In the value field type "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object" (without the quotes).

those are the steps i took to fix it