[Wine] Re: How can we improve WINE?

fcmartins wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 3 13:32:43 CDT 2009

> I would like to see better error handling, aka the Windows/MacOSX dump which captures
> to a file and allows the user to report to Microsoft/Apple. Â The ignore feature is
> one thing to be added.

There are already plenty of bugs in the database waiting for attention ;-)

Which is not to say there is no room for improvement in the handling of crashes and user support. At least,  the crashes should not be silent: a dialog box with some explanation, a text box where to copy output info from (alternatively show how to use terminal), point people to this forum. Make a bridge between appdb and wine, so that when a certain app crashes, an howto could be displayed, and/or a link to the appdb page is provided.