[Wine] Re: Wine IA64 (Itanium) build

Thunderbird wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 3 15:03:50 CDT 2009

I believe that the first Itanium revisions had hardware x86 emulation on board and I think that is what the guy in the IBM article used for running Wine. If your Itanium still offers that in hardware then that is what you have to use.

Another solution would be to use qemu its binary loader which allows you to run e.g. x86 linux programs on a powerpc, itanium or whatsoever architecture. It would allow you to run x86 wine (in combination with a x86 glibc and friends) on Itanium.