[Wine] How can we improve WNE?

Warren Dumortier nwarrenfl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 13:32:36 CDT 2009

Hi all!

I see most of you discuss about the debugging window, but please consider
the other improvements are important! :D

First of all, Austen made a nice proposal to use WINEDEBUG=-all for normal
launchers, can WINE be patched for that? This can only have positive
consequences, debug is not needed when launched with from a .desktop! Can
someone please make a patch for that (menubuilder?). The community would
like that i think!

Concerning the advanced graphics options, please implement that, i had a
discussion some time ago and they all agreed that it wouldn't be a bad
idea...

I know that the best way to see this implemented in WINE is to patch it
yourself and send a patch, but i lack skills to do that. The WINE source is
quite complicated for newcomers...

Also, IMO these two things would be nice for WINE 1.2!

Kind regards, Warren.