[Wine] Using xvkbd to remap keys

phlaem wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 5 04:44:20 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I tried to use xvkbd in combination with xbindkeys to remap certain keys to another one. The use is to remap any key onto numpad keys for faster access of the warcraft3 inventory. This seems to have worked before, but in my configuration it doesnt, and I'd like to know if I've done a mistake somewhere or if it is broken since some version.

This is a part of my .xbindkeysrc to remap 3 on KP_7:

Code:
"/usr/bin/xvkbd -window Wine -text "\[KP_7]""
3

Adding '-xsendevent' doesn't help. For other windows like gedit it works, but for wine it only gains focus and the key is not written at all. Even if wine is in focus, neither 3 or KP_7 is written.

Maybe someone around here made it work before?